New Voices Playwrights Theatre, an Orange County-based, nonprofit corporation formed in 1997, presents full productions and staged readings of original plays written by its members. New Voices Playwrights Workshop assists members in the development of new plays through discussion and literary criticism.
New Voices Playwrights Theatre Mission Statement
- To develop new playwrights and plays, as well as directors, actors and other theater-related artists
- To develop and educate audiences in new forms of original theater
- To produce comprehensive stage productions which include all elements of the arts
- To present excellent productions of previously unproduced plays
- To provide educational instruction and workshops to develop and nurture the individual collective talent of playwrights and other artists
- To provide educational outreach programs and opportunities to the community at large
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President David Rusiecki
Producing Artistic Director John Bolen
Secretary Autumn Browne
Treasurer Lynne Bolen
Board Member Jo Black
Board Member John Lane
Board Member Geoffrey Gread
Board Member Christopher Trela
Board Member Terry Schomburg
Board Member Karen Wray
Board Member Linda Whitmore
President: David Rusiecki: (714) 654-2396. Email: email@example.com
Producing Artistic Director: John Bolen. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the years New Voices has worked with several theatres to produce shows of short plays and staged readings of full-length works. These have generally been very successful and given our members opportunity to see their work fully realized. The group is fortunate to have a number of very talented and playwrights in its membership who continue to have their works professionally produced across the United States.
Entry to the Workshop is by invitation — but interested writers should contact the president in the first place and may then visit the group at a regular meeting so that they can be introduced. Applicants should have some experience at writing and be prepared to submit a full-length play or a couple of shorter plays for review by the members. Successful applicants will then be invited to join the group. Members pay an annual fee to cover incidental expenses and as a contribution to any productions.
The group meets the first Sunday of every month, except on holiday weekends. New Voices Playwrights Theatre, a 501(c)(3) corporation, is happy to receive your tax-deductible donations. Please mail to P.O. Box 53921, Irvine, CA 92619-3921. Thank you.